Foursquare Day is almost here! We wanted to give you a sneak peak of what we had planned and tell you how you can get involved!
What: Foursquare Day is a celebration of social media, bringing people together in the name of foursquare and exploring. Foursquare Day started 3 years ago, when a couple people in Tampa thought it would be neat to celebrate foursquare on 4/16 (4 squared).
When: Foursquare Day is April 16th = 4/4^2 (get it?). Yeah, it’s on a Monday this year. Deal with it. We’ll be starting at 6 to accommodate the school night. 4/16 is officially “Foursquare Day” in Houston, we got a proclamation from the mayor.
Where: for the third year running, Houston’s party will be held at Firkin and Phoenix Pub at 1915 Westheimer Rd.
Why: To create awareness of foursquare, meet new people and raise money for charity.
Who: Everyone is invited. Kids are okay too. Please RSVP on Meetup.com so we can get a good number of people to expect.
We will have events such as a real-life foursquare game, great swag giveaways, food trucks, and various bar promotions throughout the evening. Current giveaways include:
- foursquare t-shirts
- Gift Card from Mark’s American Cuisine
- Tickets to Houston Improv
- Swag Pack from McDonald’s
- Swag Pack from the Houston Texans
- more to come!
Using snoball, each check-in will be a donation toward Ronald McDonald House Houston. If you are interested in contributing to our snoball and putting some money toward each check-in that evening, please contact us.
We’d love you to be involved! There are various levels of sponsorship and/or ways you can support foursquare in Houston:
1. Sponsor our party. We have many levels of sponsorship - from adding big items like a photobooth or foodtrucks (or other vendors), to contributing to our snoball, or donating swag. You will be promoted here, on twitter, and on 4sqday.com (now, that’s a sweet backlink to help your website).
2. Run a one day special. On 4/16, businesses can run an extraordinary once-a-year type special to help celebrate foursquare, get exposure, and hopefully new customers. Plus, it’s traffic on a normally slow day of the week! If you haven’t used foursquare specials, this is a great way to try it on for size. Some businesses run $4.16 specials on items or give away something for free. So far, the only foursquare day special I know of is Smashburger (multiple locations), giving away a free Classic Smashburger to the first 10 check-ins after 6pm and free sides with entree purchase to check-ins thereafter. Perfect example of a 4sqday special. Find more information about how specials work at foursquare for business.
3. Come to our party! We’d love to meet you and can even help you set up a special. You’re invited. RSVP to 4sqDay.
Hope to see you there!